Every bride and groom has a budget, and everyone goes over that budget by a little (or sometimes a lot). But wedding planning is full of tough choices and most of them come down to budget. Do I splurge on cupcakes instead of a cake? Do I spend more on a dress that really flatters me? Do I buy expensive gifts for my wedding party? Well, say no more. I’ve done the dirty work for you and narrowed down the top five splurges you should consider for your wedding at ‘Tween Waters Inn.
‘TWEENIES WEDDING SPLURGES:
- HIRE A VIDEOGRAPHER. Okay, I should preempt this with, hire the best photographer ever, and THEN hire a videographer as well. This day goes so fast, and while you think that everyone will be taking video of your big day, you’d be surprised when it comes time to rounding up video, how many of your friend Maggie’s videos were deleted to make room on her phone. Plus, you’ll want to relive this day again and again, and what better way to do that with good photography and video.
- PRE- OR POST-WEDDING ACTIVITY. Skip the in-room gifts for guests like beach towels and sand shovels (don’t worry, ‘Tween Waters Inn has nice luxury towels available for all guests anyway) and instead, spend the money on a cool activity that your guests or bridal party can enjoy together. Take out the kayaks and canoes, rent bikes or spend the day on the water with few boat captains.
- Food. Food. FOOD. I’ve attended countless weddings where the food was forgettable.INNSIDER TIP: Hire our Executive Chef Jason Miller to do a cooking demonstration for your bridal party! It’s a fun way to get everyone together plus learn from a pro!If your reception is at ‘Tween Waters Inn, you’ll never have to worry about forgettable food, but you might consider splurging on a little on something extra like pizza at the end of the night or special dessert.
- PAMPER YOURSELF. A lot of time was spent on my hair for the wedding, so I was definitely rushed to “don” my dress and get out of the door on time. I regret not taking the time instead to pamper myself with a massage in the morning and a little R&R before the ceremony. Brides and grooms (and friends and family) will love The Spa at ‘Tween Waters Inn — complete with massage rooms, manicure and pedicure stations, sauna and even a whirlpool spa tub.
- TIME. Okay, this one’s a little abstract, but hear me out. Spend the extra few days off from work to enjoy your time at a Captiva Island resort, with all of your friends and family. My pre- and post-wedding celebrations were some of the best moments of my wedding experience, so don’t just stay the night, stay the week! Enjoy all the amenities of the resort — beach, spa, marina, restaurants, pool, pool bar (!), and more — and consider it your wedding gift, to you.
No matter where you spend or where you cut, there’s no going wrong with a wedding at ‘Tween Waters Inn. It will be the kiss you’ll remember for a lifetime, with the love of a lifetime.